We offer the students of McKinley Junior High School access to the invaluable benefits of high-quality music education. Through intensive instruction and performance, our students strive for excellence in music and character, which then transfers to other areas of their life. Our program is designed to help students gain a feeling of accomplishment through personal effort, experience a spirit of cooperation through group participation, and provide an outlet for emotional release and creative expression all while mastering technical execution on their given instrument.
To cultivate and contribute emotionally, morally, intellectually, and socially balanced members to society through exposure to the wonders of music.
- Provide every interested student an opportunity to explore the field of instrumental music.
- Provide an outlet for individual expression.
- Provide curricular and extra-curricular opportunities that enhance students' musical foundation.
- Teach good citizenship through emphasis on teamwork and cooperation.
- Develop edifying personal habits and character traits through responsibilities required as a member of a musical organization.
- Develop strong musicianship and cultivate aesthetic awareness in the classroom through the preparation and performance of quality musical literature.
- Enable students to develop a love and understanding of music.
- Create community on all levels: within our classrooms, our school buildings, and our local population.